Monday 15 December 2008

Enya - How Can I Keep From Singing?

 Three Songs of Healing:

Bob Marley - Three Little Birds  
Prayer to Kwan Yin 

Enya - How Can I Keep From Singing

My life goes on in endless song
above earth's lamentations,
I hear the real, though far-off hymn
that hails a new creation.

No storm can shake my inmost calm
while to that rock I'm clinging
It sounds an echo in my soul.
How can i keep from singing.

While though the tempest loudly roars,
I know the truth, it liveth.
And though the darkness 'round me close,
songs in the night it giveth.

Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear it's music ringing,
Since love is lord of heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing?

When tyrants tremble in their fear
and hear their death knell ringing,
when friends rejoice both far and near
how can I keep from singing?

In prison cell and dungeon vile
our thoughts to them are winging,
when friends by shame are undefiled
how can I keep from singing?

6 comments:

  1. I love Enya. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! :^) It's one of the few songs I know the words by heart to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love this song. For a long time it was my theme song!
    Thank you so much!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. =))) I love enya ..i am always swept away by her songs ....soft lyrical music and her most gentle voice ....my favorite is a day with out rain .....for some reason that one just always pulls me right along in dreams ....or it refreshes me in some sort of cleansing .....reminds me of the oceans waves how they can make one calm just by watching and listening ...her music has the same effect for me anyway ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you do not mind okei I came back just glancing through again ..but I just had to listen to enya too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enya's fantastic! And the video's simply fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with your friends, dude!

    ReplyDelete